Labels

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Written In Stone

I'm starting tomorrow..sheesh, how many time have I said that? Well, I'm 31 years old and about 100 lbs. over weight, how many times do you think I've said it? My family has a history of diabetes and I'm on the path to following in my father's footsteps. Yes, I'm destined to become a diabetic.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not aspiring for the title of diabetic. I'm just like alot of other overweight people. I'm weak. Yes I said it..I'm weak. But I won't say it too loud. I can be tough on many other things. I can be determined, confident, strong willed and...weak. But only weak when it comes to food. I don't binge, I'm not an emotional eater. I just am always snacking.
My hubby loves me and wants me to live a long and healthy life. He doesn't want me to be model thin, just healthy. HE also wants to be healthy, so he has us take all the good vitamins, start workout routines and eath a healthier diet. Sound like a good plan right? So why can I not stick to it? I hate taking the pills but I know they are necessary for many things and I have a hard time doing even a 10 min. workout routine. A hard time because I just don't feel like it.
My father has diabetes and has to go to dialasys 3 times a week. I don't want to get to that point. I want to be healthy and not become a diabetic.
So here's the plan.... 1) Take my vitamins EVERY DAY! 2) Strength training 10 mins. 5x a week and cardio 3x a week 3) Healthier diet 4) Blog about it, kind of a way to track my progress, or lack of.... I will NOT allow my destiny to be written in stone, I will NOT sit back and let myself become diabetic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how is your progress coming along with this plan?