Labels

Thursday, March 6, 2008

If at first u don't succeed...

Let me just start off by saying that weight loss and healthy living are 2 very difficult goals to achieve in this fast food carb-filled day and age. There are so many fad diets and "easy weight loss" programs. The hard thing is finding the one that works with your body type and your daily schedule. That being said, this last month's weight loss plan has not been working out so well.

My weight lifting program 5x a week and cardio 2x a week wasn't easy to sick to. With my schedule I couldn't get my butt to the fitness room 5x a week. My excuse for not doing cardio?......the bike didn't have batteries and it was too cold to go outside and walk (shh, there's an exercise bike in that same fitness room I hate going to). The other form of exercise, Martial Arts, didn't happen until just last week. I did have a valid excuse.....bad allergies! Wow, cop-out much? Anyway, my eating habits are getting better. No fast foods,fruits and veggies from the local produce stand and no white flour...all whole wheat. I have been snacking a little though. I tell myself its OK because they are whole wheat pretzels....but I know I shouldn't snack at all after 8pm.

Although the first month didn't go as well as i thought I'm not going to let that get me down! The key to weight loss and healthy living (IMO) is to find the best program that fits into your lifestyle. It may take a lot of tries and you (I) will stumble along the way, but its important to pick your self up and try a new path.

No comments: